Welcome Anonymous! Please Login or Register   
Deadly_Dozen_2_Maps :: View topic - Return to Pripyat for LOSV
 Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages  
 Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in 

Search for at
Deadly_Dozen_2_Maps Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
 Castle Itter, the last battle Deadly Dozen 2 Pacific Theater GI_ 1 Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:13 pm
GI_ View latest post
 Glock17-silenced-kuma KumaWar GI_ 0 Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:35 pm
GI_ View latest post
 DD2MAPS RENEWED HQ GI1 4 Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:40 am
Duke0196 View latest post
 Glock17 Kuma KumaWar GI_ 0 Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:18 am
GI_ View latest post
 Kuma Korean Rescue KumaWar GI1 0 Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:29 pm
GI1 View latest post
 Sound file KumaWar GI_ 0 Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:11 am
GI_ View latest post
Return to Pripyat for LOSV
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Deadly_Dozen_2_Maps Forum Index -> Line of Sight Vietnam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GI1
Site Admin
Site Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:58 pm Post subject: No icon Return to Pripyat for LOSV Reply with quote

Started building Return to Pripyat for LOSV. About half way so far.
Going to be hard to figure out the objectives on this one as it has to have well over 100 enemy. So far it already takes 3 minutes to load up with the very large buildings  Rolling Eyes  Here is the map of the Pripyat map For LOSV:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
e-3D

lithuania.png

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:53 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Return to Pripyat for LOSV Reply with quote

GI1 wrote (View Post):
Started building Return to Pripyat for LOSV. About half way so far.
That was quiclk mate. You dont mess about  Very Happy

GI1 wrote (View Post):
it has to have well over 100 enemy.
Say whaaaaaat ?!

GI1 wrote (View Post):
So far it already takes 3 minutes to load up with the very large buildings
Are some of these buildings unseen in LOSV before?

I guess you will have to use lots of waypoints and place them in a smart way so that there would be several different scenarios the mission could go. Just like in COD MW, you could be either taking a stealth approach or killing everything that moves.

Share your thoughts, we can do some brainstorming if that helps  Idea

embattl3D - Gamers 4 entertainment
Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: 185995014769284
GI_

uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:30 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Return to Pripyat for LOSV Reply with quote

Well it's very hard to have so many enemy and only 6 objectives, two of which are to collect your weapons, that leaves 4 to go so i have one area to clear so number 3 has to be eliminated to get reinforced by 24 more enemy  Twisted Evil Then number 4 has to be eliminated to release 24 more enemy and so on until the last objective will be number 6 who will get reinforced by the last 24 enemy. That will be all objectives finished but with a lot of enemy roaming about to try and stop you getting to the exit zone  Laughing
Plus a lot of snipers trying to give you hell from on high Rolling Eyes
I don't think any of the buildings have ever been in LOSV and Pripyat is very overgrown which makes it quite a hard map to get through. There are 6 areas which have high radiation with warning signs that if you get near your geiger counter will start to warn you. If you get too near you blow up  Laughing
Just putting in a lot of street lamp posts etc'
There are a lot of props to go into the buildings as well yet.
Visit DarkForge Graphics.com Today
e-3D

lithuania.png

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:38 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Return to Pripyat for LOSV Reply with quote

I see what you mean. An extensive task but what do I know...Im not really a mapmaker.
I would find it difficult to accomplish things that are simple from your point of view  Rolling Eyes  

I understand there will be no dogs, but you can add the helicopters that can be destroyed like in one of AndyC missions.
I remember at the end, by the funfair wheel the enemy soldiers gave me hell with nades and that can also work in LOSV.

As for the snipers...I don't recall this in COD4. Were there any snipers? I dont think so.
I believe, the mission is going to be quite laggy already...24 bot spawn and bots coming in groups make the game freeze. I assume these bots will spawn a bit further away? Ortherwise, the snipers may be impossible to deal with.

Which part of the storyline this mission is going to follow?
Will Maj Ingram be there? Because if we take down that helicopter it cant crash to the ground...not in LOSV. Besides, AI won't be able to follow you in the buildings so it will just make mission impossible.

One more thing, your mission the "Construction 01" can't be completed in Coop mode, because there are no squad members to follow you to the exit zone. In the Single Player mode you are in a 4 men squad so it is important that the "Return to Pripyat" works in both - singleplayer and multiplayer.

Get registered or Log in
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: 185995014769284
GI_

uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:07 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Return to Pripyat for LOSV Reply with quote

Some good ideas there. I don't know about the helicopter. You can make one fly past and be destructable but when shot at it will just explode and vanish. The 24 AI reinforcing an objective will be spread out a lot so i will have to try this. Also if i get rid of the first 2 objectives and just put weapons nearby to collect i can thin out the reinforcements to about 16 each time.
Right hand side of map and railway is finished, just the top and left to do.
GI_

uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:51 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Return to Pripyat for LOSV Reply with quote

Still strugling with this map. Tried to generate waypoints but it took 36 hours and was still not right so i generated it with Territorial Warfare engine which is from KumaWar.
Still generating connections and then it prunes waypoints and should be ok.
The rest of the map is finished apart from sounds and shadows
Still have to place the enemy. All objectives worked out to prevent overcrouding  Twisted Evil
Visit Nuke Evolution Today
e-3D

lithuania.png

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:03 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Return to Pripyat for LOSV Reply with quote

36 hours! You know you can dedicate your graphics card to do things like that, geeks say its faster.
Great progress!

Get registered or Log in
GI_

uk.png

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:32 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Return to Pripyat for LOSV Reply with quote

The latest map so far.
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
GI1
Site Admin
Site Admin

uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:29 am Post subject: No icon Re: Return to Pripyat for LOSV Reply with quote

Pripyat2 for LOSV is now uploaded and is at Downloads LOSV-MAPS Page 7. Lots of enemy and the map is different every time it's played. Can be very hard to get through, stealth is the only way.
The map takes over 3 minutes to load up due to high poly buildings but played well.
The only safe places are inside the buildings.
Visit RealmDesignz Today
e-3D

lithuania.png

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:09 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Return to Pripyat for LOSV Reply with quote

Hahaha well done! Cant wait to try it  Evil or Very Mad

Get registered or Log in
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Deadly_Dozen_2_Maps Forum Index ->  Line of Sight Vietnam Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: