Welcome Anonymous! Please Login or Register   
Deadly_Dozen_2_Maps :: View topic - EWV Maps - EWV Weapons clarification
 Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages  
 Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in 

Search for at
Deadly_Dozen_2_Maps Advanced Search

Recent Topics   Next 6 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
 Castle Itter, the last battle Deadly Dozen 2 Pacific Theater GI_ 1 Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:13 pm
GI_ View latest post
 Glock17-silenced-kuma KumaWar GI_ 0 Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:35 pm
GI_ View latest post
 DD2MAPS RENEWED HQ GI1 4 Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:40 am
Duke0196 View latest post
 Glock17 Kuma KumaWar GI_ 0 Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:18 am
GI_ View latest post
 Kuma Korean Rescue KumaWar GI1 0 Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:29 pm
GI1 View latest post
 Sound file KumaWar GI_ 0 Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:11 am
GI_ View latest post
EWV Maps - EWV Weapons clarification

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Deadly_Dozen_2_Maps Forum Index -> Elite Warriors Vietnam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duke0196

thailand.png

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:21 pm Post subject: No icon EWV Maps - EWV Weapons clarification Reply with quote

Downloaded "EWV-Weapons.rar" to see what weapons I might be able to add for variety and surprised they were WW2 versus Vietnam-era.    Surprised   Any chance of updating the description to add that info for clarity?  Smile
GI_

uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:15 am Post subject: No icon Re: EWV Maps - EWV Weapons clarification Reply with quote

I will have to get onto that, thanks for pointing it out Cool
Duke0196

thailand.png

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:04 am Post subject: No icon Re: EWV Maps - EWV Weapons clarification Reply with quote

Ta mate.  No major worries.  It just caught me by surprise.  Laughing

Actually after checking out their files its obvious they were the basis for many of the weapons in the various EWV / WW2 conversions though some were indeed used in the early stages or throughout Vietnam.
Visit DarkForge Graphics.com Today
GI_

uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:04 pm Post subject: No icon Re: EWV Maps - EWV Weapons clarification Reply with quote

All done, here is the description of the EWV-Weapons: Cool
This program will install a set of new EWV Weapons by Bassface, and Andy C.
There is a maximum of 50 idf files for EWV Weapons.
These weapons brings it up to 50. Any more and the game will lock up. To

exit, hit Ctrl, Alt, Delete, followed by Tab key, then E twice.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
In amongst these weapons are some that were used during the second world war

but also some that survived into the vietnam war.
They are: WW2/VIETNAM
M1-Bazooka/WW2
Browning/Browning-Bar/WW2/VIETNAM
Colt45/1911a1/WW2/vietnam
Garand/M1-Garand/WW2/VIETNAM
Kar-98 Rifle/WW2
M1903A4 Sniper Rifle/WW2/VIETNAM
MG42/WW2
MP40/WW2
Panzerschreck/WW2
Sten/WW2/VIETNAM/US Special Forces during the Vietnam war
Sword/WW2
Thompson/WW2/VIETNAM
Tokarev/WW2/VIETNAM/ The pistol was widely used by VC and NVA officers.
WaltherP38/WW2
Duke0196

thailand.png

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:51 am Post subject: No icon Re: EWV Maps - EWV Weapons clarification Reply with quote

Well, you have been a busy beaver.  Smile

First off, I guess I should have explained that my original purpose in downloading the file was to find Vietnam-era weapons such as the Stoner, H&R T223, Hush Puppy, etc.  Granted this is a MACV-SOG game; but nothing says you can't play a single mission as a SEAL or Force Recon for variety.  There is nothing wrong that these were WW2-era weapons as many were indeed used during the conflict, I was just not expecting them.  Sorry if there was any confusion.    Embarassed

Anyway, I think the statement "In amongst these weapons are some that were used during the Second World War, but also some that survived into the Vietnam War" is good start though it seems busy.  Then again, I might be reading it wrong.  After all, weren't all of them used during the Second World War?

Maybe something like "Fourteen new WW2-era weapons by Bassface and Andy C.  Many of these weapons were also used in the Vietnam War." Or something to that effect which would be similar to the text used in the D-DAY3-to-EWV description.

This also takes away the need to individually list WW2/Vietnam for each weapon. For instance, you only listed the German weapons as "WW2." In reality, captured German weapons such as the Kar98, MG42, and MP40 were provided as military aid by the Soviet Union during the First Indochina War.  Furthermore, the French had made Kar98's and many of these were also used in French Indochina.  Therefore, the Vietnamese might be using captured German, or captured French, Kar98's during the conflict.
GI_

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:55 pm Post subject: No icon Re: EWV Maps - EWV Weapons clarification Reply with quote

I know a lot of weapons were captured by other armies and copied as well.
Glad to be of assistance though.
Very interesting subject this as i used to be gun mad.
2 of my brothers were in the second world war RAF, and 2 were in the RAF during the 50's after being called up for national service.
One in the military police in Kenya during the Mau Mau Uprising so our kitchen cupboard had 303 rifles, and a 45 pistol in a white holster in it at different times with a chest of drawers full of a collection of different bullets in a bedroom  Laughing
I think everyone in the street had a war souvenir of some sort.
Some boys were caught one day playing football with a hand grenade which was traced to a box full dumped under a bridge in the road Surprised
Visit Evo-Install Today
Duke0196

thailand.png

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:50 am Post subject: No icon Re: EWV Maps - EWV Weapons clarification Reply with quote

No worries.  I still think the clarification was still needed since Nam might as well be ancient history these days for most folks.  I was in at the tail end; but didn't go over.  

I got my "gun madness" from my dad.  He was Army infantry during WW2 and the best advice he gave me was Go Navy.  Laughing

Anyway, he gave me a .22 rifle for my seventh birthday, teaching me the basics as we'd spent time down by the levee.  Little did I know that years later one of my collateral duties would be as a Small Arms Marksmanship Instructor (SAMI) training folks on pistols, rifles, and shotguns.  I preferred the M14 over the M16 on the range; but admit I was happy I had an M16 when I was in the jungles. Of course, I would have preferred the M4 which is replacing the M16 via phased transition.
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

No war souvenir hand grenades; but during the mid-80's we were moving several pallets of ammo and as we finished one pallet I spotted a couple boxes of ammo that had fallen through the slats.  Of all things they turned out to be .30-carbine.  Shocked  No telling how long they had been down there.  The M1, M2, & M3 Carbines were taken out of service circa 1973; but these boxes were marked 1944. Not sure what to do with this "unaccounted for" ammo ... I offered to get rid of the evidence.  Twisted Evil As luck would have it I stored my weapons in the armory and I had a Universal Carbine.  Only had one misfire in those two boxes.  Very Happy  
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Deadly_Dozen_2_Maps Forum Index ->  Elite Warriors Vietnam Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: